Have you ever thought, “If only I had come up with that idea, I would have been successful too”?
The problem is, we spend so much time thinking about the “if only” that we forget to think about how we would actually execute on our ideas. Startups are not built just by an amazing idea, you must have an entrepreneur with the strengths to make the idea happen.
What people like Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk and other key innovation leaders have in common is that they took the time to not only elevate their leadership skills and invest in their personal growth, but they also live by these 5 traits that you too can easily incorporate into your own life and business:
1) Think outside the box: Don’t get in a rut doing the same thing that other companies are doing. Take an idea and expand upon it. What could your company bring to the table that is different, but is helpful to the masses?
2) Seek to always learn: Take the time to read books, blogs, current events, etc. Educate yourself in non-business methods. Taking an improv class may change your thinking about your marketing direction. Never stop learning.
3) Be inspirational for action: Do you live by your mission and purpose? Your passion and belief in your product should be seen from company culture all the way to loyalty of your customers. Get aligned with your truth.
4) Have a “never give up” mentality: Even after 100 “no’s”, you refuse to give up on your passion. The road to startup success is bumpy and full of obstacles. Are you persistent enough to get through them?
5) Value constant personal growth: Successful entrepreneurs are always finding ways to elevate and evolve. Just like your business is a journey, so are you. Find the time to focus on your self-growth.
Every entrepreneur’s journey is different. Don’t just rest on a “good idea”. According to INC, to be elite, you must do what elite people do. Take the time to invest in yourself and learn from other entrepreneurs who have come before you.
What traits have you seen from elite entrepreneurs that you have incorporated into your life or business? Let us know below!